Tuesday 14 May 2024

The Magic Show! By Mabi Azefor Fominyen

Growing up my cousin Raymond used to treat us to magic shows especially during our Nkwen Students' Cultural events that were often organised during the third term holidays; as we called it (Summer holidays in otherwords). 

He was very passionate about magic, acting and often he tried to perform Michael Jackson's " Thriller ". Whenever Raymond was on stage,  it was often a sight to behold given thathe was a great performer at the time. We often spoke about his love for 🎩 magic and his determination to put his imagination and creativity to test at any given opportunity.
 Watching him perform as an amateur magician was always mind-blowing to me and many others ! I often left the hall with many unanswered questions. 

Even as an adult,  I have never truly understood how magicans go to such lengths to treat their audience with spectacular performances 👏. 

We went out to enjoy a magic show in downtown Rome.
The hall was quite full! 
The magicans held the audience spellbound with their thrilling performances.
The Master of Ceremony was equally great as he unleashed several 🎩 magical performances as the evening progressed thus offering the audience a good run for their money 💰. 

In a nutshell it was a good show 👌. A blend of magic, fun, laughter 😃,  music and joy ! 
I couldn't help but think of my cousin Raymond as I left the magic show. I asked myself what he would have become if he had pursued his passion for magic 🎩. Perhaps an international magican ! Luckily he pursued his education and today he is an accomplished technology engineer and expert! 

No comments: